Powered by Blogger.

My Preloved Dress Renewed Again

By sindisosdiary.com - 01:32


My latest post is centered around a dress which was once loved. When I bought this dress last year, I pictured a day I would be doing a reflection story of renewing what was once most cherished and had lost its value; to finally appreciating it more now that it has had its fair share of wrinkles and faded colour.

Easter is dawning on us now and many of us have planned trips and holiday celebrations with family and friends. As we reflect on the significance of this time may we be renewed and give each other and ourselves an opportunity to start afresh. It is so easy to expect forgiveness from those whom we have wronged but it is hard to forgive those who have wronged us. We would rather close the chapter without addressing the unanswered.

I don't know how many people I have wronged in the past and those that I am still going to do wrong; similarly to this dress I don't know in how many hands this dress was once in. But what is important is that the day I made the decision to buy it, was the day I chose to create new memories with it.  I chose to give it a fresh start which is ultimately the important thing to me today. Hence the lesson that Easter teaches us, which is Sacrifice, Forgiveness and Starting Anew.

Outfit Details
Jacket: Truworths (Oldie)
Dress: Thrifted Instagram
Shoes: Ackermans
Lipstick: Ruby Woo by MAC
See you again soon. Please leave your thoughts on the comments section. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments