Powered by Blogger.

Style On A Budget 2016

By sindisosdiary.com - 02:00


The economy is not really playing ball with all of us. And the news of Britain leaving the EU is not helping our economic situation at all. The situation is very volatile and making it difficult to manage with the little we have. There is a lot of uncertainty that has come with this as Britain is one of South Africa's biggest trading partners. Therefore, we are forced to be creative with the money we have. A little has to go an extra mile as things are getting very expensive. Even the basic of basic necessities has become near impossible to get.


So how does one still enjoy the pleasures of shopping in these times? I have been fortunate enough to have friends and colleagues who are on the same journey as mine, saving as much as we can for the tough times laying ahead. And I have to say that they are doing it whilst being trendy and fashionable. Recently, I got introduced to a store called Next Joburg in the heart of Johannesburg CBD aka Small Street Shopping Center. That is where I got this dress for ONLY R180 and the clutch for R220. I know some will still say that it is a little steep but believe you me it so worth every single rand it cost. The clutch is made of leather in my favourite colour "Brown" so I had to get it. I even convinced my friend to get herself one but in black. 

The thing with dressing up is finding a balance between basic items and staple pieces in your wardrobe. I am at a point in my life where I am buying items which are also versatile and can be worn a thousand times but still look like you tried or made an effort. I am sure some of you have noticed that I have been rocking these heels in a few looks already. It is because they are a staple piece, even though they were a lil pricey; for the number of times I have worn them, they equate to R2 each time I wore them. 

Lastly, please do not go running to the shops to buy new clothes, just be creative with the clothes you already have. I am sure you have more clothes to a point where you get confused as to what to wear everyday. Thanks for stopping by and remember to leave your comments below. 
You can find me on social media as:
Instagram : sindisosdiary
Twitter : blksindyg
Facebook Page : sindisosdiary
Personal Facebook : Sindy Monareng Thwi






Outfit Details
Dress: Next Joburg
Shoes: Woolworths
Clutch: Next Joburg
Scarf: Mr Price (Old)
Beaded Neckpiece: Woolworths
Watch: Sterns

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments