Powered by Blogger.

Playful Polka Dot Dress Worn Formally

By sindisosdiary.com - 22:00

Goodday family. I am so glad to be back on the platform that allows me to be just me. Where I can speak my mind without hesitation nor reservation. Today's post is centered around a playful yet formal enough look for the office. I wore this outfit to work a couple of weeks back and I deemed it fitting to share it with you.

How many of us stress about what to wear to work; especially if you are working in an office setup or you have to interact with business stakeholders everyday? I do and it is not an easy environment to just wear pyjamas and expect people to take you seriously. Therefore I panic a little because my team is always presentable and that is a challenge everyone is expected to respond to. Who wants to look like a thorn amongst roses? Definitely not me. This is a standard I choose to associate myself with, to be the best version of myself aesthetically, to stick out in a good way than for the wrong reasons. My mother always said that make sure that you are clean and look decent because you will not know when you will find yourself in a situation that warrants you to meet the president.



The Outfit
This polka dot dress has been my favourite lately and I have worn it at least a couple of times ever since I got it about 2 months back. It is the perfect length for office and business meetings, and it also fits in just fine for cocktail hour. The polka dots add character and the perfect amount of colour. As mentioned in previous posts, I am on a journey where I am buying more basics and items that I can wear at least in 3 different ways. Reason being that I need to give my bank balance a breather and I also do not have the space for tons of clothes in my wardrobe. 

I am sure some of you are noticing the blazer from previous posts. I love that it is versatile to be dressed up or down. The plus is that it goes with just about everything in my wardrobe. It can be worn with jeans, dresses, skirts; even track pants for a sports luxe look. To finish the look off, I accessorized with brown heels I got from Woolies and the Guess bag hubby got me for Christmas 3 years back. Yes I still have items from many moons back. As long as the clothing piece is in perfect condition, I do not see the need to purchase the same/similar one.

Nothing beats the feeling when you know you look good. You just radiate or beam with confidence and you feel good. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you like the look. Have a blessed weekend family. Thanks to everyone who dropped me messages on my social media, I am doing better. I will make it up to you with more and exciting looks in the upcoming weeks.

Outfit Details
Jacket: Zara
Dress: Mr Price
Shoes: Woolworths
Handbag: Guess
Watch: American Swiss











  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments